IN PLANT AREA RUG CLEANING
- ORIENTAL & DOMESTIC -
Celebrating our 48th Year in Business!!!!
Spring Cleaning Specials!!
25% off In Plant Loose Rug Cleaning!!! - see coupon for details
Web Special only!! - Need a new Pad? - We can help!
Don’t forget to protect your rug investment with Scotchgard!
See Coupon on Coupons page.
Map of Rug Drop off location - How do I get there?
Have You Had Your Rugs Dusted?
A study by Eureka found that a 9X12 rug could hide up to 87 lbs of dirt! How much dirt is hiding in your rugs? Dirt can act like sandpaper on a rug. This hidden dirt buildup can prematurely wear out or ugly out a fine oriental or loose woven rug if not taken care of. A thorough cleaning and rinsing is healthy. How long has it been since your last rug cleaning?
In-Plant Rug Cleaning is recommended for oriental and loose woven rugs. These rugs should not be cleaned on location like wall-to-wall carpeting. Having your rugs cleaned in our facility allows us to give your rugs several treatments, not available in the home, for a thorough cleaning to get maximum soil and spot removal. Our processes can help extend the service life of your precious floor coverings.
Run a Soil Test
When people look at their rugs they think they are clean because they can’t see any visible spills or spots. Does this mean your rugs are clean? Actually no, it doesn’t mean your rugs are clean. Sometimes I hear that we never go in that room. Does that mean your rugs are clean? Again, actually no. Try this simple test, put a piece of white paper under the rug, stamp on top of the rug over the paper. Look at the paper and see if you find any dirt on the paper. You might be surprised. Another test would be to take your vacuum attachment and cover it with a cotton towel, a white cotton towel, and vacuum the surface of the rug. You might be really astonished with what you find. I usually shock a lot of people on the job when I use our powerful vacuum with a clean white towel and show the customer how the towel has changed from white to dark within a couple of passes. Remember dirt is not a good thing. These are rugs that are in your home. There is no substitute for regular maintenance.
Full Service Area Rug Cleaning: to be done at our shop
1. First, we pre-inspect your rug to assure that it can be cleaned.
2. Next we lay the rug face down on a grid mat and gently agitate the back of your rugs with a rug duster vacuum. Then a pile lifter vacuum is used to comb and vacuum the top face yarn of your rugs. This process thoroughly removes dry soil before cleaning.
Pile Lifter Vacuum
3. Gently agitate the rug with soft brushes or a shampoo machine to loosen soil.
4. Wash and rinse rug.
5. Fringe is hand brushed and hand washed.
6. Then your rug is dried flat or hung in our dehumidification room for controlled drying.
7. Finishing: When a rug is dry, it is combed and finished with soft groomers made for specialty rugs.
8. Post Inspection - we give your rug a final inspection and then we wrap the rug in brown paper.
Dunne Cleaning Has Been Caring For Some Of The Finest Rugs
From Around The World For Over 47 Years
Man’s best friend upsetting you? Urine damage problem with your rug - don’t panic.
Rugs with urine contamination can be put through a soaking process for an additional fee above the cleaning price. Call for a price.
This rug had been in a flood and the red dye from the rug bled into the fringe. Ask about some of our specialty services. Got a rug problem, from fringe restoration to fringe replacement, let us know, maybe we can help.
Are Your Area Rugs Protected From Moth Damage?
This rug was infested with moths during storage
Signs of moth damage are tiny yellow droppings in rug fibers
Having your rugs professionally cleaned helps prevent damage
This wool rug was devoured by moths
Sometimes when looking at rugs we think there is a “dry rot” problem. Unfortunately it usually is moth damage on a wool rug. Rugs that are not cared for can have this problem. Rugs need to be vacuumed regularly (at least 3 times per year) - back and front. Wool rugs also need to be professionally cleaned regularly. Even if you have a rug hung on your wall the rug needs to be taken down at least 3 times of year and vacuumed thoroughly - back and front. Moth damage is not reversible, so we must do whatever we can to prevent moth damage to our investment in wool rugs
3 Ways to Prevent Moth Damage on Rugs
1. Store your area rugs in a dry place. Moths thrive in humid air locations, so if you you must put your rugs up for storage, make sure they are in an air controlled environment.
2. Clean your area rugs regularly. Moths also like to lay eggs in and devour dirty rugs. Experts recommend that area rugs be cleaned every 12-24 months.
3. Have your rugs treated with moth prevention. After cleaning, a safe, clear treatment can be applied that helps prevent moth infestation in your rug.
Call Today and have your rugs moth proofed
Having Your Rugs Cleaned? When was the last time you had your hardwood Floors Cleaned? Professional cleaning of Wood Floors - Free Proposals!
The best time to get your hardwood floors cleaned is while we are cleaning your rugs.
Want to know more? Click here.
LET US REVIVE THE BEAUTY OF YOUR LOOSE RUGS
Don't send your rugs to an amateur, trust a professional with over 47 years of experience.
All rugs are inspected and will be cleaned using the process which best suits each individual rug. The rugs are vacuumed both sides with a pile lifting vacuum - designed specifically for oriental & domestic rugs.
Rugs are cleaned & rinsed with our velvet sheen process. All rugs hand cleaned. If your rug has fringe, the fringe will be hand cleaned. All spots and stains are worked on. Hand cleaning gives your rugs the personal attention to quality that you deserve but can't get from a machine.
After the drying process your rugs are inspected, touched up or recleaned if necessary. Loose rugs are returned wrapped in brown paper. We have no doubt you will be impressed with our cleaning.
Click here to see our Testimonials page.
Our Clients LOVE US and so will YOU!
How To Care For Your Oriental Rug
To insure even wear, your rug should be rotated once a year. Depending on the traffic, the rotation may vary from six months to two years.
oriental rugs, like most carpeting , should be vacuumed on a regular basis to remove dirt and restore life to the fibers. Be sure not to vacuum the fringe with your beater bar! Use the hose end of vacuum hose from a canister vacuum.
A quality pad used under your rug helps protect it form dirt, wear and slippage.
Spot and Spill Procedures
Make sure that you safely and immediately clean up spots and spills before they set. Did you Scotchgard your rug?
1. first, soak up the excess liquid by blotting with a clean absorbent material. Do not brush or rub the stain.
2. Then spot clean with a mild detergent white vinegar water solution. Do not over wet.
3. Rinse area thoroughly with water and a small amount of vinegar. Avoid weting the rugs's backing.
4. Blot dry until most of the moisture has been absorbed.
5. allow to air dry. a fan or a cool hair dryer can be used to hasten the drying process.
6. For stains that do not come out using these method, ask our cleaning specialists.
At Dunne Cleaning Specialists we are very concerned about doing a quality job for our customers because we are a full service cleaning outfit, we clean carpet, furniture, air ducts, inplant cleaning of oriental rugs, mattresses, wood floors, walls and ceilings. We expect our customers to call us again, and after you experience the quality of our work you will call us again.
We are members of the Illinois Carpet Cleaning Association.
We are fully bonded and insured.
All prospective employees are drug tested before we hire them, Dunne Cleaning Specialists is a drug free environment.
We have been around since 1969 and are family owned and operated for over 48 years.
Want us to call you?
request a return call
See Coupon on Coupons page.
You have the option to have your rugs picked up, cleaned and dropped off by us or you can take advantage of one of our cash and carry discount coupons - you can drop off the rugs, we clean them, then you pick the rugs up and take the rugs back home.
Map of Rug Drop off location - How do I get there?